Every parent or guardian of a SMS student as well as every teacher at SMS is a member of the Special Music School PTA.
What the SMS PTA Does
The PTA plans, organizes, and runs numerous community events to bring together SMS families and raise funds for all our programs. The PTA brings events such as Halloween party, ice-skating party, and also help organize Fundraising events for PTA and Kaufman Music Center.The PTA raises funds for a wide array of expenditures, including:
- Providing funds for teachers to keep the class libraries up to date
- National Dance Institute (K-5)
- Rhumba tap (MS)
- Technology Updates such as Smart Board for classrooms
- Advances Placement Courses for our Teachers
- Ice Skating Day at the Wollman Rink
- Community-building events
- Classroom supplies for all academic teachers.
- Art supplies.
- Play yard renovations, equipment and supplies
- Help to fundraise for the Kaufman Music Center
Special Music School PTA Executive Board Officers (2017-2018)
Ann Wazelle and Marjorie Penrod
Co-VPs for Music Volunteering
Fiona Wilkes-Mills, Dara Glanville and John Brewington
Claudia Misi, Hector Del Curto and Sloane Harris
VP for Communications
Diana Fajardo and Ana Paula Gambogi-Gloger
Orli Shaham, Shai Wosner, Mary Pantoga, Michael Frederic, Abby Zeichner, Annette España, Tanya Twiggs, Laura Hurvich
Contact the SMS PTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach any of the Executive Board members