Every parent or guardian of a SMS student as well as every teacher at SMS is a member of the Special Music School PTA.
What the SMS PTA Does
The PTA plans, organizes, and runs numerous community events to bring together SMS families and raise funds for all our programs. The PTA brings events such as Halloween party, ice-skating party, and also help organize Fundraising events for PTA and Kaufman Music Center.The PTA raises funds for a wide array of expenditures, including:
- Providing funds for teachers to keep the class libraries up to date
- National Dance Institute (K-5)
- Rhumba tap (MS)
- Technology Updates such as Smart Board for classrooms
- Advances Placement Courses for our Teachers
- Ice Skating Day at the Wollman Rink
- Community-building events
- Classroom supplies for all academic teachers.
- Art supplies.
- Play yard renovations, equipment and supplies
- Help to fundraise for the Kaufman Music Center
Special Music School PTA Executive Board Officers (2017-2018)
Ann Wazelle and Marjorie Penrod
Co-VPs for Music Volunteering
Fiona Wilkes-Mills, Dara Glanville and John Brewington
Hector Del Curto, Melody Rubie, Kathy Passero, Claudia Misi
VP for Communications
Diana Fajardo and Ana Paula Gambogi-Gloger
Patricia Brewington and Anne Miller
Orli Shaham, Shai Wosner, Yvonne Lau, Lars Hansen, Carrie Kremlin, Barbara Roviro, Mary Pantoga, Michael Frederic, Abby Zeichner, Annette España, Tanya Twiggs, Laura Hurvich
Contact the SMS PTA at: email@example.com to reach any of the Executive Board members