From the PTA Presidents:
A big, big THANK YOU!!!! to all of you who have donated to this year’s SMS Online Auction benefitting the SMS PTA.
As a few parents have not been able to finish their submissions quite yet, we extended the deadline to:
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH AT MIDNIGHT
Our funds from our Annual Auction benefit our kids in a very direct way:
- Providing funds for teachers to keep the class libraries up to date
- National Dance Institute (K-5)
- Rhumba tap (MS)
- Technology Updates
- Advances Placement Courses for our Teachers
- Ice Skating Day at the Wollman Rink
- Field Trips etc….
We are looking for 1 or more donation per family. Many of you think of a second idea and yes, we would love for you to submit that as well! We are trying to come as close to 100% participation as we can. Why? Because PTA consists of ALL OF US!
As you probably know, every SMS parent and guardian is a member of the PTA SMS, and we are inspired by the thought that every family could help support our teachers.
What is coming up?
We have lots of events and activities to get excited about. Here a brief run down:
- Online Auction: March 10 – 22
- Auction Event Bash: March 18th 3:30-6pm: This will be our first SMS Auction event with an incredible line up of parent musicians. We will have a live auction and the kids get to enjoy a movie!!!
- Wine Tasting Event: Thursday April 14th: 6-8:30pm. This will be a first for the SMS families! The perfect date night + (meaning a night out with other couple friends ), this elegant event on the Mezzanine of the Chambers Hotel will be a fundraiser for our children’s Music Education (Kaufman Center). Because of generous donations by Ansell Hawkins (room) and the King family (wine), we are able to invite you to taste up to 6 different wines for only $50/person! Mark your calendars now!!
- Merchandise: HS parent Laura Hurvich is heading an effort to introduce a brand new line of merchandise for SMS. We cannot wait to introduce the new articles to you!
Please let us know if you would like to get involved in any way with the PTA! We are grateful for any and all kinds of help, and the many smiles that we are getting are really wonderful too, we do feel the love!
Have a wonderful Valentine-filled week!